Hong Kong, 20 March 2013, Art Media Agency (AMA).
Art Basel Hong Kong, to be held from 23 to 26 May 2013, announced on 19 March seventeen artworks that will be displayed at the Hong Kong Encounters section.
The installations chosen by curator Yuko Hasegawa are:
- Arndt Gallery (Berlin) with Circa, 2011, by Indian artist Jitish Kallat;
- Yumiko Chiba Associates (Tokyo) exhibiting Noosphere, 2012, by Japanese artist Takuma Uematsu;
- De Sarthe Gallery (Hong Kong), Le Rite Suspendue/Mouille, by Chinese artist Chen Zhen;
- Galerie Du Monde (Hong Kong), Losing, 2008, by Chinese artist Qin Chong;
- Hanart TZ Gallery (Hong Kong), Lethargic Aesthetics, 2012, by Chinese artist Guan Huaibin;
- Kerlin Gallery (Dublin), Complete Bin Development by British artist Liam Gillick;
- Kukje Gallery (Seoul) displaying work by Korean artist Haegue Yang;
- Simon Lee Gallery (London and Hong Kong) exhibiting piece by American artist Marnie Weber;
- Long March Space (Beijing) exhibiting installation titled Play 201301, 2013 produced by MadeIn Company’s (founded in 2009 in Shanghai by Xu Zhen);
- Magician Space (Beijing) 11 Degree Incline;
- Edouard Malingue Gallery (Hong Kong), Visibility is a Trap, 2012, by French artist Laurent Grasso;
- Mizuma Art Gallery (Tokyo) with It Means Nothing to Me, 2012, by British artist Susan Philips;
- One and J. Gallery (Seoul) exhibiting installation by Korean artist Seung Yul Oh;
- Osage Gallery (Hong Kong), Hong Kong Intervention, 2009, by Chinese artist Sun Yung;
- Project 88 (Mumbai), A Different Gravity, 2012, work by Raqs Media Collective;
- Galleria S.A.L.E.S (Rome), China Purple, 2010, by Italian artist Flavio Favelli;
- Tang Contemporary Art (Bangkok, Hong Kong and Beijing), sculpture by Wang Yuyang.