Paris, 8 June 2012, Art Media Agency (AMA).
22 June will see the Hotel Drouot in Paris host a sale of Contemporary and Urban art. The sale, which is set to start at 2pm, is being organised by Piasa, under the direction of Geoffroy Jossaume.
This sale, which will feature some 236 lots, is moving with the times in featuring 76 lots of pieces of Urban art. This genre is a speciality of French auction house Artcurial, and notably, in 2008, a work by Banksy sold at Christie’s in London for £15,600. The sale will feature works by artist such as Darco, Schuck2, Babs, Eyone, Drag, etc. Contemporary artists featured in the sale include Robert Combas, Jean-Pierre Raynaud, Pol Bury, Philippe Pasqua (4 lots), Murakami, and Koons.
Some significant lots:
• Lots 4 to 6: works by Henri Michaux, estimated between €2,800 and €8,000;
• Lot 22: Composition (1958-60), Jean Degottex, estimated between €1,500 and €2,000;
• Lot 60: Portrait de Peter Bread (1976), Francis Bacon, estimated between €10,000 and €15,000;
• Lot 75: Untitled (1976), Alexander Calder, estimated between €18,000 and €25,000;
• Lot 83: Baigneurs (1980-1981), Niki de Saint-Phalle, estimated between €25,000 and €35,000;
• Lot 104: Lutteur debout (1987), series, Noubas, de Ousamne Sow, estimated between €160,000 and €220,000;
• Lot 115: Smoking car (1999), Tom Wesselmann, estimated between €6,000 and €7,000.
The exhibition for this sale will be open on 21 and 22 June between 11am and 6pm and 11am and midday.