The Alexandre Gallery has announced the change in its location to 724 Fifth Avenue New York, for September 15, 2015.
Previously located at 41 East 57th Street in New York, within the Fuller Building, a building ensconced in limestone. Built in 1921, the gallery has occupied the premises since 2001. The LB Architect Group is responsible for the redesign of the new space with a surface area of 510 m2. The project will be overseen by the SL Green Realty Group. The gallery will consist of a main exhibition space, as well as a second, which can both operate separately or together. An inaugural exhibition will be held, with various drawings, paintings, and sculptures by artists from the early 20th century. Following this exhibition, at the end of October 2015, the gallery will present “Looking out to Sea”, the solo exhibition of American artist, John Walker.
The gallery, founded in 1996, specialises in American art from the early 20th century and sells works signed by George Tooker, Oscar Bluemner, Will Barnet, and Georgia O’Keefe, among others. Directed by Phil Alexandre and Marie Evans, the gallery focuses particularly on the “Stieglitz circle”, and the first generation of American modern artists.